Recipe: Baby Brie Crab Appetizers
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Brie Cheese
- 1 can (6 oz.) crab meat with leg meat, well drained
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. diced pimiento (from 2 oz. jar), drained
- 1 tbsp. minced shallot
- 2 pkg. (2.1 oz. each) frozen phyllo tartlet shells
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Trim rind from outside edge of cheese.
- Cut crosswise into 6 strips. Trim rind from each strip.
- To form 30 pieces, cut the 4 longest strips each into 6 cubes.
- Cut the 2 shortest strips each into 3 cubes.
- In small bowl, combine crab meat, mayonnaise, pimiento and shallot.
- Arrange tartlet shells on large cookie sheet. Spoon crab mixture evenly into tartlet shells, about 1 tsp. each. Top with cheese cube.
- Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is soft and melted.
- Sprinkle with chives.
yield: 30 appetizers
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)