(Courtesy of www.lionbrand.com)
These warm cozy socks are very easy to make, even though I consider myself a “beginner” at knitting, I had to test out a pair myself- and absolutely love them! You can also sew on a patch of leather or suede material to the bottoms, for a nice non-skid, padded sole.
Find the instructions HERE
“Melted Snowman” Ornament
This very inexpensive gift and decorating idea is so adorable! Make a “melted” snowman ornament for your kids’ teachers, neighbors, whoever else you can think of for just a couple of dollars and a few minutes of your time. Here’s how:
What You’ll Need:
- Table salt (for the “snow”)
- Peppercorns (for the “eyes” and “mouths”)
- Orange fimo molding clay (for the carrot nose – can be purchased at craft stores)
- Plastic or glass clear ornament bulbs
- Plaid fabric (optional – for a “scarf”)
- String, yarn, or anything you’d like to use to hang the ornament
- Drinking cup the same width as your ornaments
- Baking sheet
- Roll out the fimo clay (you can also use playdoh or salt dough) and make carrot shapes. Cut the thicker end with a knife to make it look like a carrot (less rounded). Bake the fimo at 230 degrees for 30 minutes. Let cool.
- While waiting for the clay to harden, prop the ornaments into a drinking cup (so they can sit up on top without rolling). Poor in 1/4 cup of salt (approximately).
- Toss in 7 or so peppercorns on top of the salt.
- Cut a small piece of scarf-shaped fabric and throw into the ornament (optional).
- Once cooled, put a “carrot” into the ornament, then tie the ornament on a string.
That’s it! SO SIMPLE and so cute. The snowman parts should stay on top of the salt. Thanks toEyeballs by Day, Crafts by Night for the tutorial!
Free, printable tags for all your gifts and packages.
Print out and make this free Christmas gift or scrapbook tag featuring Santa Claus.
Print out and make this free Christmas gift or scrapbook tag featuring a snowman design.
Many Merry Greetings Christmas Card
Silver stickers in different sizes and fonts combine to make a festive card for the holidays. Create a very personal holiday greeting card by combining your words (or ours) on a simple blue card stock background. This easy project requires only a few simple supplies and a little bit of time
Materials and Tools
* Colored card stock, light blue, cut to 5 1/2 x 9 inches
* Sticker alphabets, stars, and dots in silver and white
1. Fold the card stock to make a 5-1/2-x-4-1/2-inch card.
2. Plan the placement of the holiday words and phrases. Starting with the largest
letters, peel and press into place. Use the large letters as guides to place small
lettering around the words. Fill in the open areas with star and dot stickers, using
the photo as inspiration.
3. If stickers hang over the edge of the card, trim away the excess neatly using