I have a serious fascination with Cupcakes… (Ok. Obsession really…)
They’re easy to make, easy to transport and serve. While any cake mix will do, having a tasty cupcake recipe can make a big difference in how your cupcakes are received and remembered.. They make awesome gifts and great last minute treats for a kid’s homeroom or the office. A lot of people put more thought into decorating them- than they put into the actual cupcake recipes.. But you not only want your cupcakes to look great- you want them to taste good too! Here is a list of Great cupcake recipes to use:
- Red Velvet Cupcakes. For a rich, authentic Southern treat, use our Red Velvet Cake recipe and simply pour your batter into cupcake pans instead of a cake pan, and voila.
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Coffee Cream Filling. Paula Deen’s recipe for chocolate cupcakes with coffee flavored cream in the middle and coffee butter icing on top.
- Key Lime Cupcake. Both cupcake and icing are flavored with key lime – and colored bright green.
- Pomegranate Chocolate Cupcakes. Chocolate cupcakes with pomegranate curd filling and a mascarpone icing flavored with pomegranate juice.
- Cinnamon Mocha Cupcakes Recipe. Cinnamon, cocoa and brewed coffee flavor this cupcake, while chocolate frosting gets mixed with instant coffee grounds and hot water to make a delicious mocha frosting.
- Apple Cupcake. A white cake flavored and sweetened with applesauce.
- Molten Chocolate Cakes With Sugar-Coated Raspberries. Very chocolatey little cupcakes with raspberries and a sprinkling of sugar.
- Brown Sugar Pecan Cupcakes. A light golden cake with pecans and a salted caramel frosting.
- Pink Meringue cupcakes with raspberry curd. There’s actually no cake in this cupcake. Pink meringue, split in half, with raspberries and creme fraiche in the middle.
- Amaretto Dream Cupcakes. Amaretto liqueur flavors both the cake and the frosting in this cupcake treat.
- Brownie Cupcake Recipe. Makes a dense, chewy, moist chocolatey cupcake with frosting.
- Coconut Macaroon Cupcakes. A cupcake recipe designed to taste like a little individual coconut macaroon.
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cupcake Recipe. A chocolate and peanut-butter batter, iced with whatever you like.
- Maple Syrup Cupcakes. A golden cupcake flavored with maple syrup.
- Chocolate Cupcakes with White Truffle Frosting. Devil’s food cake topped with a rich icing made out of white vanilla baking chips.
- Chai Cupcakes. Flavored with black tea, chai tea and lots of traditional seasonings, this cupcake actually comes out tasting like a chai tea. Best with a vanilla or buttercream frosting.
- White Chocolate Mud Cupcakes. With ganache white chocolate icing and chocolate curls.
- Raspberry Trifle Cupcake. Crumbly cake topped with custard topped with fruit.
- Honey Cupcakes. A honey flavored cupcake with a lemony frosting. Awesome with tea. This recipe uses less refined sugar than most.
- Chocolate Vodka Raspberry Rock Star Cupcake. The cake and icing are chocolate, and the filling is a mix of raspberry preserves and vodka. And no, the vodka isn’t going to cook off, because you shoot it into the cupcake after the cooking is done.
- Individual Cheese Cakes. Individual little cheesecakes with graham cracker crust and the toppings of your choice – all in less than twenty minutes’ baking time. Try that the next time you want a cheesecake, but can’t face the labor and time it takes to make a good one.
- Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes. A golden cupcake split in half, with vanilla cream in the middle and chocolate glaze on top.
- Crunch a Bunch Cupcakes. Made out of Rice Krispies! Very easy to make, just like the squares – only topped with the frosting of your choice.
- Vanilla Bean Coconut cupcakes with coconut frosting. Reduced coconut milk makes them super moist.
- Chocolate Chip cupcakes. Golden cupcake with chocolate chips scattered through, and a chocolate frosting with a hint of vanilla.
- Cream filled Cupcakes. Chocolate frosted chocolate cupcakes with white cream piped into the middle – the homemade version of a Ding-Dong.
- Burnt Brown Sugar Cupcakes. A golden fluffy vanilla cupcake flavored with carmelized brown sugar.
- Butter Cupcakes. A strong butter flavor with hints of vanilla and almond. Very light and moist!
- Lemon Meringue Cupcake Recipe. Delicious golden cake topped with lemon curd, topped with meringue.
- Mini-Oreo Surprise Cupcakes. A bite size Oreo and cream cheese awaits you in the center of each of these cupcakes.
- Chocolate Orange Cupcakes. Orange rind, orange juice and milk chocolate flavor this cupcake, topped with dark chocolate ganache frosting.
- Pumpkin Cupcakes. Canned or fresh pumpkin and traditional spices make this cupcake come out a lot like pumpkin bread.
- Lemon Queens Cupcake. Just a simple, delicious lemon cupcake recipe.
- Orange and Poppy Seed Cupcakes. Iced with a cream cheese frosting.
- Banana Cupcakes. A banana-flavored cupcake with lemon frosting. This recipe uses ripe bananas, which makes it great for using up bananas that are on the verge of spoiling.
- Carrot Cupcakes. Little individual carrot cakes.
For more great cupcakes- visit my Cupcake & Cakepops board on Pinterest: